A 2019 international survey of consumers across a broad spectrum of ages by Momentum Worldwide, an advertising agency, found that an overwhelming majority -- 76 percent -- would rather experiences instead of products.
This rings true for my family & friends, we have steadily moved away from giving "stuff" to each other and into giving vouchers for experiences that we can enjoy together.
There is so much to love about this. Firstly you're not purchasing objects that most likely will end up in landfill some day sooner or later.
I really love that giving an experience means that you are giving that person a story to tell, a memory, something to look forward to, possibly learning something new, something that will enrich their life somehow. Shared experiences bond people, and our relationships are our greatest source of happiness in life.
Experience gift ideas :
- degustation at a top notch restaurant
- a massage, facial, or similar
- an accommodation or travel voucher
- tickets to a concert, ballet, play etc.
- a local adventure experience e.g. diving, cave exploring, zip lining etc.
- whiskey or wine tasting flight
- chocolate making or cooking school
- make your own perfume, pottery, jewellery, hats, etc. workshops from local artisans
You know what else I love about this? It really suits last minute purchasing which is my specialty!!!