We understand trying to find your size online can be a very tricky business... that's why we have a great return policy, but if possible we know you want to get it right first time.
To help with this, as much as we can, we provide fit notes in the product descriptions of each garment, noting whether it's true to size, generous, or runs small. We also provide full body measurements for our model, Philippa, and let you know which size she is wearing in the photo, to try to give a point of reference to work from.
Most numerically sized styles (e.g. 8, 10, 12 etc. ) will differ by around 2 inches in total circumference between each size, with smaller variations in the neck and sleeve openings and lengths.
Mela Purdie, one of our major labels, is usually a somewhat generous cut. Compared to Australian chain store brands like Country Road, Witchery etc. you will probably find Mela Purdie a size larger.
Tips for guessing your size :
- Check the product descriptions under the Add to Cart button, there will be useful information there if we have it around the fit or any sizing quirks. Some brands, e.g. ELK, provide garment measurements for each size in every product, so we will include those there if they're available. Unfortunately we don't have the time to do this ourselves so at the moment we're limited to the information we're given.
- If you've shopped with us recently, search for the product you just bought and compare the way it fits our model against the style you're looking at now, using your knowledge about the garment you already own as a guidepost.
- Follow your hunch... this may sound obvious but if it looks big on the model, it's probably a bigger cut and you might want to size down / vice versa.
- If you do need to ask for help, try to give us plenty of information about your proportions, your height, brands you usually wear as this can help us guide you in the right direction, however please understand it's extremely difficult for us to give you definitive size advice when we don't know what you look like or your fit / style preferences, so advice will always be general. Again, this is why we offer refunds, as we know it's not easy and we don't always have the right answer either! Sometimes it just has to come down to giving it a try! We'll do what we can to help though.
GENERAL AUSTRALIAN SIZE CHART
Based on standard Australian size guides (taken from Mela Purdie Size Chart) - please consult individual product descriptions for fit notes and advice. Feel free to contact us!
INTERNATIONAL SIZE CONVERSION
- Use your exact measurements when selecting your size
- The tape should be firm but not tight
- Measure on the top of your underwear
- Ask someone to help you measure
- Bust - take this measurement across the fullest part of your bust, over the shoulder blades
- Waist - measure around the natural waist line keeping the tape comfortably loose
- Hip - take this measurement around the fullest part of the seat, approx 22cm or 9" down from the waist